Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy Canada Day!

I know, Canada Day has passed us by once again, and really, where does the time go? It was 6 days ago and I don't even have a good excuse for not posting this earlier. I borrowed this idea from Maggie Patterson at I love Papercrafts, and just switched up the colours a bit. I took out the blue and subbed in black, and that's about as creative as it got. Actually, now that I look at the Summer Mini, it looks an awful lot like the one they have in the picture on page 28. Oops! I guess we share and share alike!


All supplies are from Stamping Up, and I used:

Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White and Basic Black
Inks: Real Red and Basic Black
Stamp Set: Canada Day from the Summer Mini Catalogue(120042 Clearmount)
Embellishment: Silver Brads (use a paper piercer to make the initial hole)

I embossed the Maple Leaf with clear embossing powder and then handcut the maple leaf out. I only made 15 of these, so it didn't take too long! Yeah right! I used a circle punch on the side and studded it with a silver brad. The fireworks on the background were just stamped using Real Red ink on Real Red cardstock.

I like easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment